Gingerbread Banana Bread
We were pumpkin obsessed for all of October and November, and now it’s gingerbread’s turn. Gingerbread spices are so yummy, warming, and just gets us in the spirit of the holiday season. When we say “warming,” we don’t just mean the cozy vibes, but we mean these spices actually warm you from the inside. Perfect for the cold weather season, right? To read more about that and get a recipe for a warming spiced latte, click here . If you’re not a gingerbread fan, all you have to do is leave out the spices or stick to just cinnamon. We left this bread plain and simple but you can make it your own with chocolate chips, nuts, you name it!
If you tried our paleo Pumpkin Spice Banana Nut Bread , this one is going to be different in that it is more traditional as far as consistency goes. We used blanched almond flour as opposed to coconut flour, as coconut flour tends to make breads more dense and less fluffy. This one is not paleo, but it is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and can be made vegan. Bottom line is, it’s delicious and actually pretty dang healthy. Carb lovers, rejoice! And man, do we love carbs. A favorite way to enjoy this bread is to cut a slice and give it a spread of almond butter or coconut butter. We usually enjoy this as a dessert, but we won’t tell anyone if you make a meal out of it ;)
3 medium spotty, ripe bananas
3 eggs (for vegan, will also work with flax egg: 1 “egg”= 1 Tbsp flax: 2.5 Tbsp water)
1/4 C Sunbutter (may also omit and double almond butter)
1/4 C almond butter
2 Tbsp coconut nectar (or organic pure maple)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 1/3 C blanched almond flour
2 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla bean powder (may also omit)
A couple dashes of cardamom and nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Smash bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in remaining wet ingredients: eggs, coconut nectar, sunbutter, almond butter, vanilla, and coconut oil. Whisk together until smooth, or use an electric mixer.
4. Add in dry ingredients: flour, spices, cacao powder, vanilla bean powder, and baking powder. Whisk together until fairly smooth and well combined.
5. Grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper, and fill with the batter.
6. Bake for an hour.
7. Top with additional cinnamon sprinkle. Allow to cool before slicing. Store in the fridge to make it last longer, or will be good on the counter for a couple days!
#bananabread #Gingerbread #Christmas #Winter #Recipe #Christmasrecipe #Winterrecipe #Dairyfree #Glutenfree #Vegan #Lowsugar