Salmon Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries and Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce
When we’ve seen recipes for homemade burgers in the past, they’ve always been either too complicated, time consuming, or not very healthy. We decided to make a homemade salmon burger that’s quick, easy, doesn’t require a lot ingredients, and is dairy and gluten free (most recipes out there are stuffed with cheese or have bread crumbs or panko). Instead we stuffed them with red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro and used almond flour instead of bread crumbs... and DANG did these turn out good. Juicy and flavorful, as any burger should be.
And who doesn’t love fries? Pretty sure no one. But if we gave into our fry cravings every time we had one, it would likely be past the point of an occasional indulgence and more like a problem. Solution: homemade sweet potato “fries” that are oven baked, and taste crispy, salty, potato-y (?)...You get it. We made them without any potato starch and without drenching them in oil. These will satisfy your fry craving in the healthiest way possible. YES.
Oh, and don’t forget the avocado lime dipping sauce. Avocado and coconut milk make it creamy, cilantro and lime give it a flavor burst, and jalapeño gives it some spice. This sauce just makes this meal that much better, like a cherry on top. Not to mention, it’s a much healthier alternative to ketchup; free of sugar, preservatives, and any other weird stuff. Plus, it provides a good source of healthy fats and antioxidants. Of course, we served this meal with a big bed of arugula, cause we have to get our greens in there, but this would be great with any kind of salad, roasted broccoli, or grilled zucchini.
Salmon Burgers (Makes 4 Patties):
8-10 oz wild caught salmon
1/3 Cup almond flour
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 Cup cilantro
1/4 red onion
~2 tsp olive oil (for pan cooking the patties, disregarding if grilling)
Sweet Potato Fries:
2-3 large sweet potatoes
~1 Tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce:
1 large avocado
1 can lite coconut milk
1 lime’s juice
1/2 Cup cilantro
1/2-1 whole jalapeño (depends on spicy preference)
Salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Wash sweet potatoes and cut lenthwise into "toasts" then lengthwise again into thin slices to make the fry shape.
3. Coat with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika 4. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. 5. While the fries bake, prepare the salmon by removing the skin and finely chopping salmon into cubes
6. Put salmon, egg, almond flour, Dijon, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix with hands.
7. Form into 4 patties.
8. Warm about 2 tsp olive oil in a pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Place the patties in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minute on each side.
9. While they cook, place all ingredients for the avocado lime sauce into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
10. Serve everything on a bed of greens or with veggie of choice. Dip your fries in the sauce, and top your burger with it, too!
#salmon #Salmonburger #Burger #Summer #Dinner #Healthydinner #Recipe #Burgerrecipe #avocadolime #Dippingsauce #Sauce #summer #Barbcue #Barbecue #Grill #Gameday