Shortcut “Vodka” Primavera, cause sometimes we don’t got time to make nonnas sauce from scratch. Oh, and it’s gluten free dairy free!
This is the perfect dish for when you are craving an indulgent pasta but you still want to eat healthy. It is loaded up with veggies, you can throw it all in one pot, and because this is a shortcut recipe, its super quick and easy to throw together. Shortcut here means that there’s no vodka involved in the “vodka” sauce, and no intricacy to the making of the sauce, but it is still that nice creamy red you are looking for.
Many of you requested this recipe when you saw a glimpse of it on instagram stories, so here it is!
- Trader Joes red lentil pasta (or any lentil/chickpea pasta)
- olive oil
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 C peas
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds then quarters
- broccoli florets (as much as your heart desires)
- 1 C mushrooms
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- italian seasoning or lemon herb seasoning
- 5 oz (one container) of plain coconut yogurt (Culina is best because it is thick)
-~ 1 C Raos tomato sauce (the BEST premade sauce, tastes authentic)
Saute all your veggies in a large skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Add seasonings. Cook until veggies are tender
Add cooked and drained pasta to the veggies.
Add your yogurt and red sauce, stir it all together, and let it simmer on the lowest heat for about 5 mintes.
Serve yourself a nice big portion!