Updated: Feb 20, 2020
We call ‘em energy ballz, because they actually are little balls of energy. These honestly taste like raw cookie dough, making them a snack that you will genuinely look forward to. Not kidding, when you make a batch of these you’ll be thinking of them every time you’re apart like they’re your long distance lover. Aside from them being a sweet treat, they are packed with protein, amino acids, and healthy fats that will keep you full and satisfied for hours (click here and here to read more about the benefits of some of the ingredients in this recipe, like hemp and cacao).
They serve as a perfect afternoon snack as well as pre or post work out fuel. Since its Bare Nutrition’s style to make things quick and simple, this recipe can be whipped up in about 20 minutes, and one batch can last you through the week. Here’s whatcha do:
1 cup raw cashews
4 heaping Tbsp raw almond butter
½ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
Additional ¼ cup unsweetened coconut shreds (for later)
¼ cup hemp hearts
¼ cup cacao nibs
4 pitted dates
Optional tsp cinnamon
1. Add cashews to Vitamix blender or food processor and blend until nearly the consistency of nut butter
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients (just ½ cup of the coconut for now)
3. Blend until fairly smooth. Although some texture is OK, the smoother you get it the doughier they will be in the end.
4. Put the “dough” into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow it to chill and harden a bit (makes the balls stay together better).
5. While the “dough” chills, blend the remaining coconut into nearly a powder consistency.
6. Use a melon baller or a spoon to scoop the dough and use your hands to roll them into balls.
7. Roll the balls into the additional coconut.
8. Store in the fridge or freezer and enjoy 2-3 balls daily as snacks or dessert!