We always love finding new ways to incorporate plant-based protein into our meals. What we find works best when it comes to doing this, is when it’s something that can be batch-cooked so that you can grab and add to your meals throughout the week. In this case, it’s falafel!
This falafel is gluten free and packed with protein and flavor. They’re quick and easy to make and are a great with several different meals. For example, you could whip up a Mediterranean-inspired bowl for dinner or add it to your salad for lunch! Pair it with our creamy tahini dressing to make your meal have even more protein, some healthy fats, and make it taste even more delicious.
1/2 C white onion
2-4 cloves garlic
2 cans chickpeas
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp oat flour
Cumin to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley to taste
Cilantro to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add fresh parsley, cilantro, juice of a lemon, white onion, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender.
3. Add the chickpeas and olive oil to food processor and process/blend until a dough is formed.
4. Transfer the dough out of the processor to a bowl, and stir in oat flour.
5. Place dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the freezer and form dough into little patties. Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 35 minutes or until the outside is nice and crispy.
7. Add your falafel to a bowl with greens, cucumber, red bell pepper, cherry tomato, gluten free pita bread (we like Food For Life Baking brand) and hummus, and drizzle with our creamy tahini dressing to top it off.