Yep. We made CHEESECAKE BARS and they taste AMAZING. What's even more amazing? These are a raw vegan treat with no added sugar. A creamy, satisfying, slightly sweet dessert that provides healthy fats and protein and completely satisfies cravings. Don't make these because they're healthy. Make them because they're delicious!
It takes just about 15 minutes or less to throw together the "batter," then all you have to do it put 'em in the freezer and let them set. They will make about 10 -12 small cheesecake squares-- the perfect amount to keep on hand as an afternoon or evening treat for the week.
What really sets these off is the coconut butter chocolate drizzle added on top. Completely optional, but HIGHLY recommended.
The bars themselves have no added sugar, just sweetened with 2 dates (yep! That's it.), and the chocolate drizzle has just a tablespoon of coconut palm sugar. Coconut palm sugar is considered a plant based, unrefined, unprocessed sugar and it's a lower glycemic option than other natural sugars.
Low glycemic foods digest slower, cause a steadier rise in blood sugar (rather than a blood sugar spike), and thus can increase satiety. High glycemic foods digest quickly, cause blood sugar spikes, and can lead to crashes and more hunger and cravings just shortly after consumption.
This is just one tiny reason to avoid processed foods and refined sugars and just one tiny reasons to keep recipes on hand like this one! Ok, enough science, let's get the recipe.
1 1/2 C cashews (soaked for 30min-1 hr)
1/2 C pistachios
2 dates (pitted)
2 C peaches
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 Tbsp Yin Power (optional)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp coconut butter (could also sub for all coconut oil)
1 Tbsp coconut butter
1Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1. Soak cashews in warm water for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Drain the water from the cashews and add to a food processor or high quality blender and process/blend until relatively smooth.
3. Add all remaining ingredients for cheesecake filling and process/blend until smooth.
4. Add "batter" to square silicone molds or in a small glass container and freeze.
5. While setting in the freezer, make the chocolate drizzle by warming all ingredients together over the stove.
6. Once frozen, add the drizzle on top. If batter was placed in glass container, cut into squares.
7. When you're ready to eat one, simply let it thaw for a minute or two and enjoy!