Grilled Corn & Asparagus Summer Salad
Updated: Feb 3, 2020
We are all about the cool, crisp, and refreshing summer produce. We talk about eating seasonally a lot, and one reason why is because it gives you more variety (both in flavor and nutrient content) and brings excitement back to the food you’re eating. It allows you to shift your diet, maybe get creative with your cooking, and keep healthy meals/salads fun and delicious so you don’t get bored.
This salad looks beautiful, but the combination of textures and flavors is amazing, too! You could eat it all on its own, add a choice of protein to it if you want (grilled shrimp would be perfect), or eat it as a side with whatever else you’re grilling.
We have several dressing recipes on the blog that would be great with this, like our Creamy Tahini, Avocado Cilantro Lime, or Cashew Hemp Turmeric. You also could do aged balsamic vinegar & olive oil, or if you go store-bought, we recommend going with one of the Primal Kitchen dressings, as they are allergy-friendly and have minimal ingredients!
Ingredients: 2 Servings
1/2 C Quinoa, cooked
Cilantro to taste
Asparagus (1 bunch)
Corn (from a cob or ~1/3 C)
1/2 - 1 Avocado
1. Cook desired amount of quinoa according to instructions. We would recommend about 1/4 C cooked quinoa per serving of salad. Dry quinoa yields about double the portion once cooked, but if you'd like to have extra you can always set it aside for other meals.
2. Grill or roast the corn and asparagus. You may grill whole corn on the Cobb and asparagus wrapped in foil, or simply bake on a baking sheet with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
3. Wash and chop the romaine while everything is cooking.
4. Once the corn, asparagus, and quinoa are slightly cooled or near room temperature, add to the romaine and compose the rest of the salad by adding desired amounts of cilantro and avocado.
5. Last, add your dressing and serve!**
**As mentioned above, some great dressing options are aged balsamic vinegar with olive oil and lemon or one of our dressing recipes from the blog (like our Creamy Tahini, Avocado Lime, or Hemp Turmeric). If using store-bought, we recommend Primal Kitchen brand.
#salad #summersalad #summer #summerrecipes #light #clean #asparagus #corn #quinoa #cilantro #sides #plantbased #vegan #glutenfree #cornandasparagussalad #grilledasparagus #romaine