Vegan Lemon Banana Bread (gf df)
We are complete suckers for lemon desserts and baked goods of any kind, but we're just obsessed with lemon in general,
so it makes sense. This vegan lemon banana bread is perfect for the warmer months, because it has a citrus-y, refreshing flavor. We'll leave the pumpkin banana breads to the fall and winter months.
We are always messing around with different ratios and ways to make our bread recipes healthy, delicious, and satisfying to all or most dietary preferences or restrictions. This particular bread is completely vegan and gluten and dairy free. With that being said, that's why our bread recipes require a little longer cook time to ensure that the bread bakes and holds together as it should. That is also why we highly recommend allowing the bread to cool completely before cutting and storing in the fridge.
This vegan lemon banana bread tastes AMAZING and can actually be considered "healthy," if we haveeee to put that label on it. You can eat it by the slice all on its own, or you can load it up with toppings like almond or coconut yogurt, almond butter, berries, and granola as we did here. Have it for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
3 medium or 2 large spotty, ripe bananas 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax + 5 Tbsp water mixed together) 1/4 C Sunflower seed butter** (may also use almond butter) 1 Tbsp monk fruit extract (may also use 1-2 Tbsp or coconut nectar) 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Juice of 1 large lemon
Zest of 1 large lemon 2 Tbsp coconut oil 1 1/2 C blanched almond flour 1/4 tsp baking soda
**if your bread turns green at all, don’t panic. “The chlorogenic acid (chlorophyll) in sunflower seeds reacts with the baking soda/powder when baked, causing the green color when the baked goods cool. This is completely harmless! Depending on the recipe, a splash of lemon juice may also help,” per the Sunbutter website. You may also sub all almond butter if you want to avoid the potential green ;)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
3. In a small bowl or ramekin, mix your flax egg. Whisk the flax together with the water until well combined and the consistency of an egg.
4. Add the remaining wet ingredients: sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest, coconut oil, and flax egg.
5. Add the monk fruit extract or honey/coconut nectar, and mix until fairly smooth.
6. Add in the flour and baking soda and mix until fairly smooth.
7. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
8. Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool before slicing.
9. Store in the fridge to keep for about 4 days.
#bananabread #Healthybananabread #breadrecipe #glutenfreepancakes #Dairyfree #vegandessert #Dessert #italianlemoncookies #lemonbread #lemonbananabread #veganbananabread #glutenfreebread #cookierecipe #dessertrecipe #breakfast